The Department for International Trade (DIT) has a range of services to help UK companies to export and grow in overseas markets including tailored support and advice. There is also a network of International Trade Advisers across the country who support businesses in their local area.
The Government is set to boost exports to £1 trillion as part of a new 12 point export strategy and includes:
- Launching the ‘Made in the UK, Sold to the World’ campaign, championing the UK’s priority sectors through an innovative, localised marketing campaign that will promote the best of British goods and services in our towns and cities.
- The Export Support Service provides a single point of contact for exporters to Europe. Since launching in October 2021 the new export hotline and online service has helped hundreds of businesses to get exporting.
- UK Export Academy expansion to offer SMEs in all parts of the UK, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland the chance to learn how to navigate the technicalities of exporting and how to find new opportunities in overseas markets.
- A new UK Tradeshow Programme will be bigger and better targeted to give UK companies, especially SMEs, a leg-up to exhibit their first-class products at the world’s biggest tradeshows.
- UK Export Finance will expand its offer with new products and a wider delivery network that will make it easier for UK exporters to secure business from overseas buyers.
- Export Champions, ensuring businesses can build and learn from exporting successes through business-to-business networking and peer-to-peer learning
- Internationalisation Fund, open to SMEs in England, will aim to grow international sales, and has facilitated £4 million of support to SMEs attending trade fairs.
Other services available to businesses looking to export are:
Open to Export
Open to Export is the UK’s largest online export community. Register to get advice, notifications of upcoming webinars at opentoexport.com/
DIT Business Opportunities Catalogues
The DIT’s Business Opportunities service provides sales leads in over 100 markets. All the catalogues are on DIT’s website and can be downloaded here.