Introduction and Background to the Project / Programme
English Connects is a new programme funded by the FCO and British Council and managed by the British Council. It aims to:
- connect the UK to young people aged 18-35 and the future generation of leaders in francophone Africa through English
- improve the quality of English language learning and teaching and facilitate digital literacy, thereby creating opportunities to enable young people fulfil their potential while improving their employability, resilience and networks
- increase UK visibility across the region, improving UK access and making the UK more ‘relevant’ to senior policy makers and influencers.
Through the provision of consultancy services, to undertake a systematic review of the current approach to English language assessment in the Senegalese secondary education system.
The full schedule is as follows:
- RFP issued via the British Council’s e-Tendering portal, 17th July 2019
- Deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline), 18th August 2019
- British Council to respond to clarification questions, 21st August 2019
- Deadline for submission of RFP responses by potential suppliers (Response Deadline), 15th September 2019
- Final Decision, 19th September 2019
- Contract concluded with winning supplier, 20th September 2019
- Contract start date, 1st October 2019
- Activity to be completed, 20th March 2020
Please see the attached proposal for further details.