Introduction and Background to the Project/Programme
English Connects is a new programme funded by the FCO and British Council and managed by the British Council. It aims to:
- connect the UK to young people aged 18-35 and the future generation of leaders in francophone Africa through English
- improve the quality of English language learning and teaching and facilitate digital literacy, thereby creating opportunities to enable young people fulfil their potential while improving their employability, resilience and networks
- increase UK visibility across the region, improving UK access and making the UK more ‘relevant’ to senior policy makers and influencers.
To work with the British Council, Ministries of Education (MoE) and English Language Teachers’ Associations (ELTAs) in Angola, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Gabon, Guinea (Conakry), Mali, Niger and Senegal to develop a resource for secondary level EFL teachers which consists of a series of 10 videos of model lessons filmed on location in the targeted countries with selected local model teachers to demonstrate best practice. The videos will be accompanied by a manual containing 10 units (one unit per model lesson) of viewing tasks, for before, while, and after teachers watch.
The full schedule is as follows:
- RFP issued via the British Council’s e-Tendering portal, 17th July 2019
- Deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline), 25th July 2019
- British Council to respond to clarification questions, 29th July 2019
- Deadline for submission of RFP responses by potential suppliers (Response Deadline), 15th September 2019
- Final Decision, 19th September 2019
- Contract concluded with winning supplier, 23rd September 2019
- Contract start date, 24th September 2019
- Activity to be completed, 16th March 2020
Please see the attached proposal for further details.