Official Statistics Office
National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE)
Colombian Book Chamber (Cámara Colombiana del Libro)
Annual Book Fairs
Bogota International Book Fair (Feria Internacional del Libro de Bogotá or FILBo) is held over 12 days in April/May.
Directory of Regional Book Fairs (Colombian Book Chamber, 2019)
VAT on Books
0% for books and eBooks
Fixed Book Price System
Book market statistics (PA, 2017) [link to download/view]
Statistics Publishing Sector in Colombia (Colombian Book Chamber, 2017)
Directory of Colombian Publishers(Colombian Book Chamber, 2017)
Latest updates on Colombia
The British Council would like to invite the publishing sector to participate in this opportunity for English language teaching materials at the Local Education Authority in Bogotá, Colombia. Objectives
- To supply teaching and reference material to 5 schools in the public sector in Bogotá, Colombia. These 5 schools will be chosen by the Local Education Authority of Bogotá.
- To supply 660 pedagogical kits for students in schools in the public sector in Bogotá.
EY are holding a workshop about Doing Business in Colombia. With an average of 4.8% yearly GDP growth in the last five years, Colombia is among the fastest-growing economies in South America, and one of the most dynamic emerging markets in the world. Workshop Date: Thursday 27th June 2019, 8:30 - 17:00 Venue: EY Edinburgh Offices Address: 144 Morrison Street, EH3 8EB Evening Networking Event Date: Thursday 27th June, 17:30 - 19:30 Venue: Waldorf Astoria Address: Princess St, Edinburgh, EH1 2AB Register here.
The British Embassy in Colombia, through the Prosperity Fund and the Department for International Trade, are holding events in the UK focused on promoting specific business opportunities in Colombia and how to identify and work with local partners in the county. The workshop will provide:
- A look into Colombia's most relevant projects and opportunities that are open to UK businesses.
- Networking opportunities for partnerships and investment.
- A learning experience in legal and practical considerations for partnering in Colombia.
London Thursday 20th June Workshop (8:30am-5pm)Leeds Tuesday 25th June Workshop (8:30am-5pm) Evening Networking Event (7-9pm) Edinburgh Thursday 27th June Workshop (8:30am-5pm) Evening Networking Event (7-9pm) To find out more information click here. To RSVP to the events click here.