BRL R$ - Brazilian Real
UTC-2 to -5 (BRL)
Area (sq. miles)
Ministry of Education (Ministério da Educação) is a cabinet-level federal ministry of Brazil. It is tasked with coordinating national education policy and daily affairs, from early childhood to the post-graduate level.
0% for books and ebooks
Brazilian Book Chamber (Câmara Brasileira)
do Livro or CBL) represents more than 500 associates in Brazil. Its mission is to expand the Brazilian publishing market through the democratisation of book access and promotion of actions to disseminate and encourage reading.
Brazilian Association of Reprographic Rights (Associação Brasileira de Direitos Reprográficos or ABDR) is a non-profit civil association that gathers several Brazilian publishers in defence of copyrights and editorials.
- FIPE CBL / SNEL – Research Production and Sales of Brazilian Editorial Sector (CBL, 2002/17, in Portuguese)
- Book Sales Panel in Brazil (CBL, 2015/16, in Portuguese)
- The Book in Minas Gerais 2015 (CBL, 2015, in Portuguese)
- Reading Portraits (CBL, 2016, in Portuguese)
- Literacy rate 2018: 71% (Brazilian Report/INAF)
- PA Market report Brazil 2013 [link to download/view]
- PA mini market profile Brazil 2 011 [link to download/view]
Festa Literária Internacional de Paraty (FLIP) held for 5 days in July.
Bienal do Livro held every year alternating between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, over 10 days in August/September.
National Library Foundation has a programme that supports the translation and publishing of Brazilian authors up to 2020.
Translation and Publication Grant Programme (TEDA) provides funding for publishers interested in publishing Brazilian authors’ works.
Brazilian Publishers promote several translation support programmes for international publishers.
Directory of Brazilian Publishers 2016 (Brazilian Publishers)